Gender Diversity can help your school provide a supportive, non-discriminatory environment for all students, including gender-nonconforming and transgender children. We help administrators, teachers, and staff gently move from awareness to action in order to create more inclusive learning and social environments.
Our trainings provide accurate, up-to-date, accessible information regarding the best practices schools can implement to create an inclusive environment for all students, regardless of gender status, and on an age-appropriate level.
We went through a remarkable process of transformation as a result of our work with Gender Diversity. Aidan’s unrelenting compassion for everyone, his inviting and even tone, and his deep knowledge were instrumental in moving our entire community forward to best serve our students.
Increased awareness and education regarding gender identity enables all children to achieve a more holistic and confident school experience. Our aim is to not only assist a school in the optimal inclusion of transgender students, but to highlight the ways that creating a more inclusive environment benefits all students.
Scheduling a training or consultation with Gender Diversity will help you…
- Understand, adhere and fully implement a school’s anti-discrimination and inclusion policies
- More fully incorporate the topic of gender within the school’s existing diversity programs and commitments
- Support a transgender student through a gender transition
- Increase the school community’s understanding of gender identity and expression as it relates to all students
- Seek specific guidance relating to gender-segregated spaces such as bathrooms, locker rooms, sports and other team activities
- Adequately and confidently answer questions from parents or other students
- With one-on-one lesson planning or problem-solving with a teacher, staff or administrator
- Develop age-appropriate classroom instruction on issues related to gender and gender diverse identities and expressions
An ideal educational package includes training for all school personnel, parent education and age-appropriate gender education for students.
Learn more about our training programs available for: