August 19-20, 2015 — This two-day conference, for those professionals or students seeking to advance their understanding and knowledge of gender variance and transgender identities, serves as a prelude to Gender Odyssey and Gender Odyssey Family or as a stand-alone conference. Register Now | Learn More
Thank you, Looking Out!
Gender Diversity recently received a $3000 grant from the Looking Out Foundation. Founded by singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile in 2008, the mission of the Looking Out Foundation is to support, through music, humanitarian outreach efforts in local communities and beyond. Thank you, Looking Out!
Gender Diversity increases the awareness and understanding of the wide range of gender variations in children, adolescents, and adults by providing family support, building community, increasing societal awareness, and improving the well-being for people of all gender identities and expressions.
Our services include:
- Providing support to families raising transgender and gender-nonconforming children and teens
- Working with public and private schools K-12 to create gender-inclusive learning environments, identify measures to decrease bullying, and provide assistance with gender-transitioning students or employees
- Increasing the understanding of transgender and other gender diversity issues for organizations, agencies, providers and professionals through group or individualized trainings
- Developing or modifying policy to include gender diversity and expression and determining the applications and implementation of such policies
- Providing referral services for additional resources
- Understanding and meeting legal nondiscrimination requirements regarding transgender and gender-nonconforming populations
Please watch our video to learn more about our life-changing work, and support us by making a donation today. Donate Now »Funding for this video was made possible by The Awesome Foundation and Beyond the Bridge. Thanks so much!