Trans Youth Taking Action Now
Transgender and gender-diverse teens, ages 14-19, get to know themselves and how their voices and experience impact the world for good.
What TYTANs Do
Teens who join TYTAN work with mentors to explore and develop leadership skills like storytelling, facilitation, public speaking, mentorship, and grant/scholarship writing. Our mentors are all trans, non-binary, or ally-activists with experience in these areas and a passion for fostering youth agency and confidence.
From January to September, the TYTAN team will meet every second and third Sunday of the month. Our time will be spent on skills-building, introspection, journaling, and practicing new skills. You might be planning a special event for trans teens, or learning about trans history, or practicing telling your story for a presentation, or leading an activity for trans kids. Each month, our skills focus will change.
If you have a heart for helping others, and a fire for equal rights for trans and gender-diverse people, then this is the place for you. Your voice, your experience, your heart can make the difference for other youth, their families, their teachers, and their communities.
To be part of the team
- Complete the easy online application (due December 31)
- Meet us for an in-person interview
- Attend the Orientation
- Change the world
Benefits of TYTAN
What’s in it for you, besides the opportunity to hone your change-the-world skills?
- Learn how to facilitate eye-opening group discussions
- Become the master of telling your story
- See the impact of your voice
- Receive a $75/month stipend
- Design a workshop for Gender Odyssey San Diego
- Feel the reward of helping other trans and queer folk
- Make new friends
- Meet mentors and community leaders
- Be part of a team of change-makers